Good times fly fast! Now since you guys seem too busy to nominate books, we decided to choose from September’s pool of nominations (excluding of course the book we read), this leaves the following:
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
- Emma by Jane Austen.
- Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emma Orczy.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by J. K. Rowling. (This’s the only new nomination).
Now if you have something better in mind, kindly comment it below this post. We’re so late this month (sorry, our fault), so we’ll pick a single book tonight using the random picker. No voting.
It has been 15 days since we started and I sincerely have to ask:
Have your Expectations of the book-being Great and all- been met?!
If yes, then GREAT.
If not, what else were you EXPECTING?
-Expected Great puns aside- and to borrow the words of Mr. Jaggers; “Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.”
I for one evidently believe that we started with the right book and am looking forward to finishing it soon.
I am hoping you guys are enjoying it as well and load up on your coffee supply, because we forgot to tell you about the quizzes!
Source: Google images.
Howdy! This blog is obviously about books. Kindly please browse the pages above before you resume this post.
Now that you know what we’re all about, we officially welcome you to our modest book club. Our first read should begin on the 1st of September. We wish to settle things down as soon as possible, but you would need some time to get the target book, so you’ve got just few days to tell us which one you’d love to start with.
Come on, show us some enthusiasm! Comment below this post.